Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stop the World! It's moving too Fast!

As I keep my life in balance, my weight begins to balance out!


This has been a crazy week. I started my home school curriculum with my kids. School started today for my kids that go to the public schools for choir and math. Seminary started today. Dance started today. And I’ve been at the HS every day working on getting the new auditirium up and running before the Grand Opening Cerimony on Saturday. It’s nuts! There are time I think, “Help! I need to slow down. I’m movin’ too fast.”

We live in an environment—modern American life—that is over busy and over stimulated. I can see it in my kids. They get so grumpy when they have too many activities in one day. Why is it a surprise that I lose control when I am over scheduled? LOL. Sometimes I am a goofball. Everyone around me seems to get caught feeling restless or a feeling of depletion, compulsion, and overwhelm. This is something I am determined to avoid this year!

I like to claim that I am great at multitasking. Maybe it’s because I feel like I am wasting time if I do nothing (rest) or if I just do one thing at a time. But oh to live in a simpler time! Sadly, we have become human doings instead of human beings. Perhaps it is because we are addicted to technology and consumerism and have lost the ability to live life with wisdom, inner peace, and enjoyment. To go SLOWLY in this society is to go “against the grain.” But I am determined to SLOW down even with the chaos ranging around me.

This change requires intention, courage and lots of practice. Here it goes!

It’s a matter of choice:

Choose to slow down and take time…

Choose to stop expecting the treadmill to take me somewhere (although it is a great exercise tool on a busy day!)…

Choose to relax, observe, and allow good to happen…

Choose to spiritual tune-up every day…

Choose to simplify…

Choose to listen to me body… to notice when I’m getting overwhelmed…

Choose to leave some “down time” in my schedule…

Choose to accept my limitations…

Choose to observe (be mindful of) what I am doing with each of my daily activities:

When I wake up… when I wash dishes… when my kids hug me… when I notice my “hunger” pains – for food, rest, affection, accomplishment, or nurturing…when I go on walks… when I drive kids around… etc.

The real challenge is to explore my present lifestyle and observe the consequences of my choices. It’s a greater challenge to make a plan and follow the plan, based on my findings.

But I can do it!

May I free my heart from suffering! May I take in life in perfect balance. May I have the capacity to take in the fullness of life!

Whatever I need to know is revealed to me and whatever I need comes to me in Divine right order.

Persistence pays off. If tomorrow isn’t perfect I can try again the next day! Prioritize… plan and prepare… practice… persist with patience… apply positive and powerful problem solving!

No comments:

Post a Comment