Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fist Out of Water


OK…. This post is really for yesterday, Jan. 3, 2011. I was really in the middle of formulating the perfect post when my day took me for a few unexpected turns; i.e. my car wouldn’t start, the doctor and I played phone tag all day and I still haven’t gotten an answer as to how to proceed with Hannah’s treatment for a possible compression fracture in her neck, and people cancelled or added appointments to my day. Needless to say, I never made it to the final typing of my thoughts for the day.


I’ve been working real hard to fit exercise into my day. Yesterday I tried a “Dance Party” video off Netflix. I can do it. After all, I’m raising amazing dancers. They had to get it from somewhere.

It started with Latin Dance.

March. March. March. Step out. Step out. Step out. This is pretty easy. I can do this.

Uhh…. Now I’m suppose to shake my hips? Add arms? You’ve got to be kidding me!

This DANCE is supposed to be sexy, beautiful and smooth. After all, the word ‘salsa' means sauce, and associates with spiciness in Latin food, thus meaning ‘spicy' or ‘hot' dancing. The people on the screen were beautiful, flowing, sharp, smooth, and elegant.

You’ve heard the term “fish out of water?” It means, “Someone in a situation they are unsuited to.”

Yup, that was me. Unsuited for this type of exercise. Yup, I flail around like a fish out of water… gasping for air; flopping around to some rhythm that didn’t resemble the timing of the music. Now, I KNOW I’m not the only girl out there who is somewhat less than enthused about someday dancing in front of a room of family and friends only to been seen as a fool. This is why I only subjected the dog to my performance in the privacy of my own home. Even the kids were banished.

Oh well… I got some exercise. I even sweat. The music was fun. Besides, all that really matters is that burned a few calories.

I guess I will try it again today… and I’ll have fun because I will dance like no one is watching.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, so is that what I look like when I do Zumba?? Guess what? I don't care, if I'm having fun and I'm moving, it's good. My apologies to all the spectators, next time look at the skinny girl. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete