Monday, January 24, 2011

Time Management Issues


Helllllllo! How are you guys doing today? I am feeling pretty darn good for a Monday! How was your weekend? I hope you had a good one.


As most of you know and as I discovered, I’m bad at taking time for myself. This is definitely a “work in progress.” Here is the problem. Although I have a weight reduction goal in mind I would say my ultimate goal would be time management.

Take today for example: I got up and taught seminary. I came home intending to walk on the treadmill, but my son was sleeping in the easy chair, stretched out across MY machine. Then I got distracted by e-mail, Facebook, cleaning my room and changing the bed sheets that I didn’t start my walk after I yelled at him for the 5th time to get up and get ready for school. I intended on getting on the tread mill before I picked up the kids from choir, but starting the laundry and picking up the puppy mess distracted me. I intended on jumping on that walk after returning home, but more chores and getting the home school weekly plan ready distracted me… followed by a voice student. Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I intended on walking after lunch, but my daughter and her fiancĂ© distracted me with apartment hunting… then there was a dish load and more laundry before my afternoon lessons began.

See. I’ve got a problem with time management.

Finally, in desperation, I walked to my musical theater class. I only got in a mile…. But it’s better than nothing! Walking along I was hit with a bit of inspiration… I think it hit me because I saw the most amazing “art” work on the college campus… a giant push pin, a giant paper clip in a tree, a giant ball point pen across the side walk, and other giant office supplies strewn across the campus. It was quite the site. I wish I had a camera with me.

I see all these blogs that take pictures of the food they eat. I think you all would be bored to tears if I did that, but I decided I will make a goal to make one cool salad a week and to post a picture and a recipe.

I also decided that I needed to do something to motivate me to hit the street, so to speak. So I decided to borrow my daughter’s camera and to take it for a walk once a week too. Then, I’ll post a picture of the walk once a week too.

This is what I think I will get out of this as a goal:

- A way to keep a salad a day more interesting as I try to top my last great adventure in tasting.

- I’ll get to taste new and unusual fruits and veggies

- I’ll get one long stroll a week to be alone with my thoughts and to count my blessings

- I’ll burn more calories as I look for interesting places to walk

- I’ll be on my way to a healthier ME

Expect to see a salad and a destination sometime in the near future. I’m not a great photographer, but I will have fun coming up with new subjects. I might even learn a new skill.

So today I walked a mile… I ate well… I got some chore done… I taught school to my kids… I’d say I had a great day!

Salad – Day 8 only got a small salad in today… but at least I got it in.

Practice of Simplicity – Day 5 Worked at making one of my busiest day manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment