Thursday, June 9, 2011

Evaluation

The Salad Challenge is ready to take the world by storm… well at least my kitchen. I was asked if I would comment on how I think this new diet approach has changed, me. Truth is…. I haven’t moved in my weight at all. It’s not the food… it’s me. Some of my friends are eating a salad a day too and they are losing weight hand over fist. I have to admit, it is a bit discouraging. Still, it’s the best “diet” ever. It crushes all other fad diets, and is going to be an even bigger fad than them. It’ll be like Beatle-mania. LOL.


Here’s why:

1. It’s actually good for you. I feel so much better now that I am concentrating on eating more veggies and such. My person “salad challenge” is super healthy. I can eat whatever I want/whatever I’d normally eat the rest of the time!

2. It’s realistic. It’s hard to adhere to a strict diet. Some people thought that a salad a day would be hard… only sometimes… when time is an issue. With most “diets” people tend to go too far… instead of making a lasting, healthy lifestyle change, people overcompensate (myself included), and revert to their old ways within a matter of weeks. The “salad challenge” can be a part of my eating lifestyle forever

3. It’s easy. It’s hard to give up carbs. Bread was my hardest sacrifice. It’s hard to be around foods I want to eat, and not be able to eat them EVER. But what can I do? At least I have a way to look at food in a positive way.  It’s easy to eat a salad for lunch instead of pasta or something. It’s easy to get a Caesar Salad for dinner instead of a giant hamburger. It’s easy to make one reasonable change per day.

So, I may not be a size 10 after 70 something days of salad, but I feel better. I am introducing myself many new fruits and veggies. I am learning more and more about my health. I’d say this change has been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment