Saturday, June 25, 2011

Salad Day 90

Today was an adventure with food. 

First, we went to the World Beat Festival in Salem.  Everything smelled to yummy.  I really wanted to eat a gyro, but I can't eat wheat and I can't eat milk (so cheese is out).  We stopped at a booth of Greek food.  We ask if they served anything that didn't have wheat or cheese.  The excited Greek woman was speechless.  Suddenly, she exploded with excitement.  "I'll fix you up.  Some chicken, some tomato and parley, some hummus.  She put everything into a paper bowl.  It was so yummy!  It was the best hummus I ever tasted!  Meanwhile, my husband got a plate of yakisoba form a Japanese booth and my daughter ordered a spinach, strawberry and salmon salad from an pasta booth.  I tasted a little of everything.

When we got home we, I made a new salad for a friend's birthday party.


I sliced watermelon and tomatoes.  I minced some basil and some mint from my yard. I mixed in 1/2 cup of feta crumbled bacon and drizzled it with a simple vinaigrette.  I was surprised it was so yummy!  I am making this salad again.

At the picnic, my friend brought a yummy salad with broccoli, carrots, apples, slivered almonds, raisins, and some kind of sauce made with mayo.  It was pretty good too.  I was worth not being able to eat birthday cake and homemade ice cream.



It's been a great day for salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment