Saturday, July 30, 2011

A week of Cheap Summer Fun


This week I need to include that Hannah and McKay went on the Stake Pioneer trek.  All of their belongings fit into a 5-gallon bucket and a dry bag.  It rained a bit the first day, but cleared up and was sunny the next.  Although I think they had some fun, they also claim they won't be doing that again.  Poor Hannah limped most of the way down the mountain.  I'm a little worried about how she is doing.  She has limped for an entire week now.


Summer fun included turning the apricots I got at the Saturday Market into apricot jam.  I love apricot jam.  It reminds me of when I was a kid.  I just have trouble finding apricots in the valley.  The jam turned out so YUMMY!  and I love the COLOR.  Absolutely divine!



The week also included my garden.  You should see it now!  I successfully pulled all the weeds and John bought the bark dust he has promised for the past 4 years.  It is so nice to sit out and enjoy the flowers now.  You can actually see them!



My roses are my favorite.  I need to learn how to care for them better.  However, I am blessed that they just keep plugging along.



Earlier this week I was trolling the blogs I like to read and found a list of "National... Day"s.  I thought the idea was so fun that I incorporated a few into our week.  Thursday we celebrated National Chili Dog day and National Chocolate Milk Day.  The kids thought I was crazy, but they didn't argue over what was for lunch.  They dove in.  Lillian also got to go swimming at a friend's house.  Seriously.  I'm such a fun mom, I don't know how I'm going to be more fun next year.  LOL.



Friday was National Lasagna Day.  I made a Lasagna Cake and a Lasagna I could eat.  It was all so yummy!  It's been 2 years since I've had Lasagna... all that cheese and wheat... but I found a way.  I'll explain in the next blog.  You've got to try it!

Today is National Cheese Cake Day.  We will have to make one for the missionaries.  We still have plenty of Lasagna Cake left.

No comments:

Post a Comment