Sunday, November 27, 2011

Salad Days 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, and 241

Monday, November 21, my daughter made me this salad for lunch so I could eat between lessons.  She did a real nice job mixing  salad greens, red onions, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, and ham.
Tuesday, November 22, I made a quick Taco type salad with salad greens, guacamole, and tortilla chips.

Wednesday, November 23, I got a salad from the grocery store.  It included lettuce, tomatoes, pepperoni, olives, salami, and I added feta cheese.

Thursday was Thanksgiving day.  I followed the recipe my sister gave me and made a Spinach salad that included spinach, sliced apples, almond slivers, bacon, red onion and raisins.  We also made a vinaigrette.  It was yummy.

Friday, November 25, I enjoyed spinach, curried chickpeas, tomatoes and feta mixed together as a salad.

Saturday, November 26, we celebrated our anniversary a little late.  Our real anniversary was Thanksgiving Day.  We went to a Thai restaurant.  I ordered a Thai salad .  It had lettuce, cilantro, cucumbers, bean sprouts, and fried rice noodles, smothered in a peanut dressing.  It also came with shrimp.  It didn't say it had shrimp on the menu,.  I am allergic to shell fish, so I avoided them.  Thankfully I didn't react to them being on the plate.  It was very yummy.
.

Tonight I only had lettuce in the house and I used a little Thai dressing.  I guess I'm in a Thai mood.

So there are the salads for the week.  Not bad.  I have to say.  I'm hoping to come up with some other good ones this week.  Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment