Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for... good friends

Today I am thankful for good friends. I have many friends (family included) who are reliable, kind hearted and thoughtful.


A good friend is honest. A good friends keeps promises. A good friend is dependable. A good friends will own up to their mistakes. Good friendship is based on trust. A good friend keeps private things private. A good friend knows the old saying, if you don’t have something nice to say, say nothing…. But mostly they shower people with nice things to say.

A good friend is loyal. A good friend defends your honor.

A good friend shows respect for others.

A good friend helps out… sometimes even before you know you need help.

A good friend listens… and stays calm. A good friend shares tears, shares joys and shares laughs. A good friend is there for you.

A good friend doesn’t judge.

A good friend is selfless and will often go the extra mile.

A good friend lifts and doesn’t tear down.

A good friend is generous… shares… is not demanding… doesn’t “size up”… returns things they borrow.

Today I am grateful for the friends I have that meet these criteria. I am grateful for all they add to my life. My only hope is that I am this kind of friend to them.

Thanks friends… hopefully, you know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. L♥VE U, 2, Sis!
    May your birthday weekend be the best!
    If I had a dime for every part of me that loves you, I'd be filthy rich! But, who needs it when ya gotta sistah-friend like you! (Heck,frugality is the new trip to Hawaii! ♥

    ReplyDelete