Sunday, January 29, 2012

Book of Mormon Study - conference Talk

Today I read Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, "Proving in the Lord's Way".

I try very hard to be independent, for the good or for the bad.  I'm not real good at asking for help.  This week many hands helped me with my projects.  I am blessed with good friends and a great family that all know how to help me best.

Today I made spaghetti from the tomatoes I canned from my garden... and I made garlic bread from scratch... even the bread part.  Self-reliance is something I continue to practice.

I love Pres. Uchtdorf's reminders that "welfare principles should be at the root of our faith and devotion..."

That "...the temporal and the spiritual are inseparable."

As I read, I realized that the best way to describe self-reliance is work.  We are to continually work and serve.  As we do, God will send the help and the means to accomplish every good thing we are working to achieve.

What did you read from Conference today?

No comments:

Post a Comment