Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DONE! Salad Days 360-365 plus 3 days to spare

 The time has passed.  I made it.  365 days with at least one salad per day.  Sunday, April 1, McKay made a Chinese Chicken Salad.  I was pretty good.  Sadly, I think I am the only one who really ate it.  I ate it for breakfast and lunch, Monday, April 2 too.  I do need to teach her how to chop cabbage more finely, however.  The chunks of cabbage are a little hard to eat then shreds of Chinese cabbage.

Tuesday, April 3 was John's birthday.  We had a nice dinner, including a nice green salad.  I even tried a new dressing... it was tasty enough.



Wednesday, April 4, I enjoyed a Chef Salad.  It is nice to have an old stand by.

Thursday, April 5, I made a Greek type salad with tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, yellow and orange bell peppers, cucumbers, feta cheese and about 1/4 cup of the sloppy joe meat we made the kids for lunch.  That was pretty good.  Not as good as a real Greek salad.

Friday, April 6, was the BIG day.  I had made it... but I missed it.  I am in the habit of salad now and completely missed the fact that I had eaten salad everyday for 365 days.  I didn't even celebrate with a special salad.  Instead, I ate a plain green salad.  In fact, I didn't even remember that I had made it until I started writing this blog.  LOL.
Saturday, April 7, we made sausage dogs for the family.  It was a busy day, so I got a German potato salad from the store....

... and a Green Pea salad for Lillian.  Both were pretty tasty.  so were the sausages.

Sunday, April 8 was Easter.  We had a fruit salad with fresh pineapple chunks, bananas, apples, strawberries, and grapes,  mixed with a bit of coconut milk and pistachio pudding mix.  It was tasty.  Too bad I forgot H can't eat pistachios.  She had to take Benedryl to sing in the Easter Concert.

Monday, April 9, I made Split Pea soup with the leftover Easter ham and had a green salad. So what do we do now?  Well, I've decided to keep going.  However, I've decided to expand it to soup and/or salad, and I'm going to do better at adding recipes.  I'm not sure who is reading this, but at least then my kids can have some recipes as they all begin to fly the coop.  I guess I will have to do better at keeping up too.  Also, it's too bad I'm not better at the whole picture thing.  Most definitely things taste better than they look.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 365 days of salads! I'm new to your blog so I'm curious. Has this had any noticeable benefits? I'm impressed with your loyalty and dedication to this. Not sure I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina... I didn't "loose" weigh. But I did feel better. My goal was to increase veggies in the diet. This year I'm going to try and get my family on board too.

    ReplyDelete