Sunday, April 1, 2012

Favorite thoughts from sunday Afternoon conference

I was blessed with holding a sweet little angel for most of this session... thus my thoughts are not as comprehensive.  Still I got some good things....

... bare testimony of the book of Mormon more...

... study all the scriptures... they work together... when used together they confound false doctrine...

... where does your tent face?...

... everyone looses their way at sometime.  The Atonement of Christ is our personal GPS that can get us back on track...

... focus my efforts on FAMILY...

... prosperity and education go hand in hand with marriage and family...

... families make us better people...

... strengthen family... prioritize for the most important work I have is at home and that doesn't mean the laundry... organize life to ensure FHE, prayer and scripture study, but don't forget to teach work... do things in order... remove fear with FAITH... be equal partners in marriage... use church resources...

... fast an pray each week for him... now there is something I've missed...  I hope it helps...

... seek and gain a vision of what the Savior sees in others...

... study conference... search and ponder scriptures more...

... Must have the FAITH to DO...

... if we dedicate our attention to families we will do better temporally and spiritually...

... practice principles of righteousness in parenting and leadership...

... compulsion builds resentment...

...remember, mistakes are for learning...

... teach principles... allow them to fall... sigh...

... help children establish a connection with heaven...

... do more to help my kids feel my love and confidence in them...

... write more "real" letters...

... start more natural and normal conversation that lend to baring testimony...

... never delay in following prompting...

... record what I learn from the Spirit... if shows gratitude...

... What does Christ think of me?...

... REMEMBER!...

...Ponder the truths you've heard, help them make you better than you already are...

... Oh I need thee...

Sad.  Sad it is over.  Sad that tomorrow will feel like starvation after a weekend of feasting.  Happy that we can go to the Internet and feast whenever we want.  Happy for the Conference issue of the Ensign coming in May.

What impressed you?

2 comments:

  1. Lords response - slow to hear their crys because of their iniquities

    Church is the mooring in the tempestuous seas.

    Luke 15 - Correct your course - the Prodigal son

    Disciples able to do hard things

    Setting limits with loving patience

    Wise parents prepare their children to live without us. Agency = spiritual responsibility

    Help our children exercise their agency
    Help our children establish their own path to Heaven

    Let them feel our confidence, that they are on the path and they can do it!!!

    Worth of souls (whatever condition) is great

    What thinks Christ of me?

    All will be made right

    For the "Cause of the Master"

    Just some of my notes and thoughts - so full right now - I am also sad it is over but so grateful for the messages of hope and peace.
    Wendy I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me - I want to be like you when I grow up - much love Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill.... You crack me up. I've always wanted to be like YOU! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It all just moves too fast to get it all. I'm still working on writing one thought and I miss the next one. I wish we would all share a little more. We wouldn't miss so much if we did. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete