Sunday, April 1, 2012

Favorite Thoughts from Sunday Morning Conference

I had so many inspiring moments this morning.  My mind floated to many places including my cousin Bobby and his sweet family; my friends and sister who have suffered greatly physically; wayward family members; and a few uncomfortable self evaluations.  I have truly been spiritually fed.  Here are some of the things that came to my mind or that impressed me as I listened:

... we all depend on the Savior...

... we must repent and be willing to forgive others... for none are without sin...

... Stop it!... love that! :)

... Don't judge me because I sin differently than you...

... forgive as we wish to be forgiven... includes keeping the commandments, allowing the love of God to govern our emotions, and following the example of Christ...

... Take the self test: do I harbor grudges?  Do I gossip?  Do I exclude others based on what I think they have done wrong? Do I envy others? Do I wish harm to come to others?...

... Put down the stones...  You will only hurt yourself...

... awaken an awareness of God in all things...

... Be more observant and more thankful...

... even an imperfect body is one of the greatest gifts ever given from God...

... healing (albeit eventually) comes by obedience to God's laws...

... could an explosion in a printing shop produce a dictionary?...

... god loves us!...

... Trust in God's will is central to success...

... He will heal ALL!....

... Jump in and help, much more helpful than empty asking...

... rock = revelation...

... translate that... :)

... we are responsible for seeking our own spiritual confirmation...

... take time to hit "pause"...

... spend more time with family...  build better family bonds...

...where the water is deepest is usually the smoothest sailing...

... we have been given the power to reason and to think and the guidance to use it well...

... better prayer...

.... better scripture study...

... The prize belongs to him that endures to the end...

... Come!...

I'm excited for this afternoon session, but sad that it comes to an end.  Conference weekend is like Thanksgiving for the soul.  After such a big feast it's time for a nap.  Too bad I won't get one.  Got to prep for seminary and go to Stake Choir Practice.  I'm so glad that ends next week!

What did you learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment