Skip to main content

The Week at the Boyack's - week 3

 Lilli and I started CET (Children's Educational Theater) on Monday morning.  Lilli was super excited.  She couldn't go to sleep until around 11.  She was up around 3am fully dressed and ready to go.  I sent her back to bed.  She was up again at 6 and begged to get going all morning long.
After we got home from CET, John and I went to the HS to cut some wood.  John bought a new chop saw for the job.  Sadly, it was broken on the 2nd day of work parties at CET.

Lilli came along to help.

After awhile she got tired and layed down in a box on the shop floor to play "coffin".  I think the long exciting day got to her.

Tuesday was "audition" day at CET.  Lilli will be in the 1st year show directed by Marian Scadden.  She is very excited.  They will perform on July 24 and/or 25th.

Wednesday was a long day.  CET started early for me with a tech class field trip fo make stuff at Pentacle Theater and ended with a work party where a few students and volunteer parents came to start the set.  These are a few of my students.

Thursday was more of the same...  but Hannah came home!!!  She spent last week at girl's camp and then wasn't home much longer than 30 minutes and went to Grandma Mabee's house.  She helped Grandma and Grandpa do some work and earned a little cash.

She really is having an eventful summer.  It has barely started and she hasn't been home much.  At least she is always in a good mood!

 I think she likes camp best for the friends!
 She's earned her nick-name "Little Nuts"  LOL!
But she could use some manners!  LOL.  I found this picture on the camera from camp and had to laugh!

Around 1pm, Lilli and I met Granda Mabee, Kimber, Hannah, and McKay in downtown Salem to try on wedding dresses.  We were successful in finding a style McKay likes.    Now we are on the hunt for a dress that is affordable.    Then we went to the dentist with Hannah.
After we dropped off Kimber, Hannah , Lilli and I went back to CET for work party night.  John met us there.  We got a lot of work done, but we have a lot more to go.  bt the time I got to Friday I was so tired!  I came home after CET and vegged out.  I did go over to the HS and helped my friend Jeff with a cd before I turned over the key I had.  Then I went back to vegging out.    John got me a smart phone.  Sadly, it is smarter than me but not smarter than Lilli.  LOL  She has been playing Ray's new game.  Ray made a game app. for smart phones.  Everyone needs to check it out.  It is going toward supporting their little family.  Please buy his game for a $1.  It is affordable and it is going to a good cause!

Saturday I lost my motivation.  The cottonwood trees have knocked me on my butt.  I'm weasing and stuffy and I've lost my voice.  I mostly sat around all day.  It was great!  I did go out and shop for stuff for CET.  Meanwhile, John puttered around the yeard in the rain.  McKay went to work.  She does that alot.  Chad stayed up all night and into todday hoping to change his sleep cyle.  He finally gave up around 5pm today.  His sleep is pretty messed up.  Kimber and Ben came to vist.  and Hannah went to the temple.  It really has been a long week.  I wonder if I'll make it to the end of July.


Popular posts from this blog

Book of Mormon Study... Title page and testimony of the witnesses

According to the Prophet Joseph Smith, “the title-page of the Book of Mormon is a literal translation, taken from the very last leaf, on the left hand side of the collection or book of plates, which contained the record which has been translated, the language of the whole running the same as all Hebrew writing in general; and that said title page is not by any means a modern composition, either of mine or of any other man who has lived or does live in this generation” (History of the Church, 1:71).

That means it’s scripture too! That is why today I start my Book of Mormon study with the title page.

I am part of the House of Israel. My children and their children are a part of the House of Israel. This Book is written for me and for them.

I love that the Title page declares that this book is a “gift”… now this book I am marking will become a “gift” for my grandson. How cool is that? I feel like Nephi, writing my testimony of Jesus Christ and of the gospel plan as I study God’s word so …

An Open Letter to Those Who Hate The School Dress Code

I have noticed a ton of resistance to dress codes in schools.  I have something to say... get over it.  
A dress code is not about body shaming.  It is not about control.  It's not about taking away individuality. The dress code is not about making social divisions.  It is not about taking away individual rights.
A dress code is about keeping a professional environment where real work happens.  Contrary to popular belief, woman don't get to wear whatever they want when ever they want in "the real world." Every profession has some kind of dress code.  Nurses, doctors, real estate brokers, vets, and even McDonald's workers have a dress code.  Even farmers and day labors wear clothing appropriate to the work they do.  School is a professional environment where the student's "job" is to be the student - to learn - and the teachers' job is to open the possibilities in young minds and to create an environment where people - all people - can learn.  Th…

Once-a-Slightly Over Month Cooking

Today may be the last day of the year, but it was the first day of the month around the Boyack house.  Today was Once-a-Month-Cooking day.  The funny thing is that it usually ends up lasting longer than a month.  Our last big cooking day lasted from September to now.  The thing is, I don't always pull from the freezer.  Weekend we cook from scratch.  However, with my voice lessons in late afternoons and sometimes play practice or performance I am too tired to think about dinner.  Making dinner ahead saved me so much money from September to Christmas that I was able to pay for half of Christmas from the savings from the food budget.  Plus, we had much healthier meals!

After collecting which recipes we wanted to make, and making a shopping list, John headed to the store around noon.  We started the cooking and assembly around 1:00 and ended all the cooking by 7:00.  In that time we made 35 dinners.  We have the fix-in's in the cupboard to make 15 more quick and easy meals.  We …