Skip to main content

Week at the Boyack's - Week 4

Monday was a day full of CET. It is exhausting! Lilli, Hannah (Hannah came to CET to work on painting all day for me) and I left early and headed for Salem. I worked hard with the tech kids and we got so much done! Although there is still so much to do, we have made great progress. By the time it was time to head home, I wasn’t feeling to swell. Those darn cottonwood trees! I’m all stuffy and it’s settled in my ears. That causes vertigo. I barely made through teaching my classes and driving home. I took some decongestant and hoped it would stop. Nope. After I taught a couple voice lessons I still felt very yucky. Laying down made it worse, in a way. John was at a school board meeting. I just told the people at home to fend for themselves and went to bed at 7:30. When John got home, he and Ray gave me a blessing.


Meanwhile, McKay was a busy bee at home. She had pulled weeds in the front and had cleaned up the kitchen. I’ve been too busy to worry about the weeds… even if they drive me nuts.  Thanks McKay. Chad is trying to change his sleep cycle. It doesn’t appear to be working, but he’s trying. He also started working out with the cross country team. I think we’ve taken on a new sport.


Tuesday I awoke feeling ok. Not my best, but better than the night before. I am grateful for priesthood blessings and for miracles. I went to class and things were good until just before it was time to leave. I had to run a couple errands in Salem. At Wal-mart, the pharmacy said that Dramamine was the best for knocking down vertigo. I got some. I also took Benadryl and decongestant and some other allergy thing and was able to teach more voice lessons and make it through a work party. The work party got so many things done. I am hoping to have the park show done and out the door by the end of the week. Then I need the library show done. Meanwhile the main stage show is moving along.



I came home to a clean house! Thanks McKay. She had attacked the aftermath of everyone throwing all their belongings into the living room. It was such a relief to walk into the house and not step on something. I loaded up on drugs again and went to sleep.



This pony got a ride in the pareade
watching the parade on the S-curve


at the parade
at the parade
Lilli got a braclet at the fair in the park
Chad listened to his own music

dancing to the Shinkle Band in the park on the 4th

The drugs knocked me out good. I didn’t wake up until 8:45 and missed the traditional flag raising completely. Oops.  Then it was time to get some lunch together and find a spot on the parade route. The trouble is, none of my kids are really interested in family things…. Well neither is John. Chad and Hannah went with the Jessops to visit Michael in the hospital and the sat by us for the parade, then they went off on their own to see the booths and stuff around town. Kimber and Ray sat by us for the parade and then did their own thing for the rest of the day. McKay sat by us for  the parade and then worked until 9 at Jamba Juice. Lilli had a little down time before heading to the park to play. John went out and did yard work. He isn’t really interested in all the festivities. He only went to the parade because I guilted him into it.  After a few chores at home, I went to work in the park for the rest of the evening. John joined later and took tickets to earn money for the Senior all night party. McKay found us after work and watched the fireworks with us. Kimber and Ray and Ben sat up on the hill by the sound booth. Meanwhile, Lilli made a little friend named Scott who tried to teach her how to ride a unicycle all evening long. Chad and Hannah spent the evening with the Jessops. Sadly, Chad doesn’t want anything to do with his parents…. Except our money. Sigh.

finally got started with the paint for the library show

Hannah and megan almost have the park show finished with paint

John and a team of guys started attaching the walls to the set wagons
Thursday came too early! Lilli and I limped back to CET. I had planned to stay for the afternoon and paint, but I was too tired! Lilli came home and crashed. I wish I could have had a nap. Meanwhile, Chad got to work at the park and Hannah returned to CET to work on the set, after which I dropped her at the park to watch the movie in the park with Chad. Lilli’s CET choir performed at “Special Performances” at the end of the day. Funny…. I can still pick her out of crowd. Not that she was obnoxiously loud, just that I know my kids voice. Besides, she was one of the few that knew all the words and stayed in tune! Work party was successful. We are making good progress and soon will be done with one out of the 5 sets… four more to go. AHHHH!!!

Friday stared rather rough. We were all so tired and got up late. I was rushing Lillian out the door when I hit the stepping stone just off the porch and it flipped up. I went flying. I knew my ankle hurt… my arm was all scratched up… and my knees hurt. Lilli ran to get John and he helped me up and gave me ice before I drove away to CET. I taught most of the day without too much trouble, but after awhile, my foot was throbbing and I went to get some aspirin and more ice. As soon as CET was over I went to see Dr. Drew. He thought it was best that I get an e-ray. Then started the long afternoon of getting Kaiser Permanente to approve an x-ray. Let me tell you… I don’t need to wait for ObamaCare. I’m living the nightmare! Eventually, Kaiser got me in at the Salem Hospital Urgent Care Center where I get the x-ray and that doctor said I only have severe sprain in my ankle and in the muscles in the arch of my foot. Lilli and I limped home where I just laid low for the rest of the night with more ice and Ibuprofen. Meanwhile, McKay worked the park concert for me. Chad and Lilli hung out at home and watch movies. And Hannah went to the concert in the park.

Saturday I laid around all day while John worked hard in the yard and getting the laundry monster under control. Chad wasn’t feeling well and laid in my bed all day. Hannah helped with chores and then joined McKay down at the park for the concert and the fireworks. McKay covered the sound at the park. Originally, I was going to do that, but she could use the money and my foot needed to be in the air on ice. Lilli cleaned her room and then got to play with Josie for the afternoon.



Comments

  1. Hang in there, Wendy! Last week was, indeed, a crazy one! I hope your ankle is healin gup quickly. there is no rest for the weary, ya know! ♥ ya~!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Mormon Study... Title page and testimony of the witnesses

According to the Prophet Joseph Smith, “the title-page of the Book of Mormon is a literal translation, taken from the very last leaf, on the left hand side of the collection or book of plates, which contained the record which has been translated, the language of the whole running the same as all Hebrew writing in general; and that said title page is not by any means a modern composition, either of mine or of any other man who has lived or does live in this generation” (History of the Church, 1:71).


That means it’s scripture too! That is why today I start my Book of Mormon study with the title page.

I am part of the House of Israel. My children and their children are a part of the House of Israel. This Book is written for me and for them.

I love that the Title page declares that this book is a “gift”… now this book I am marking will become a “gift” for my grandson. How cool is that? I feel like Nephi, writing my testimony of Jesus Christ and of the gospel plan as I study God’s word so …

An Open Letter to Those Who Hate The School Dress Code

I have noticed a ton of resistance to dress codes in schools.  I have something to say... get over it.  
A dress code is not about body shaming.  It is not about control.  It's not about taking away individuality. The dress code is not about making social divisions.  It is not about taking away individual rights.
A dress code is about keeping a professional environment where real work happens.  Contrary to popular belief, woman don't get to wear whatever they want when ever they want in "the real world." Every profession has some kind of dress code.  Nurses, doctors, real estate brokers, vets, and even McDonald's workers have a dress code.  Even farmers and day labors wear clothing appropriate to the work they do.  School is a professional environment where the student's "job" is to be the student - to learn - and the teachers' job is to open the possibilities in young minds and to create an environment where people - all people - can learn.  Th…

Once-a-Slightly Over Month Cooking

Today may be the last day of the year, but it was the first day of the month around the Boyack house.  Today was Once-a-Month-Cooking day.  The funny thing is that it usually ends up lasting longer than a month.  Our last big cooking day lasted from September to now.  The thing is, I don't always pull from the freezer.  Weekend we cook from scratch.  However, with my voice lessons in late afternoons and sometimes play practice or performance I am too tired to think about dinner.  Making dinner ahead saved me so much money from September to Christmas that I was able to pay for half of Christmas from the savings from the food budget.  Plus, we had much healthier meals!

After collecting which recipes we wanted to make, and making a shopping list, John headed to the store around noon.  We started the cooking and assembly around 1:00 and ended all the cooking by 7:00.  In that time we made 35 dinners.  We have the fix-in's in the cupboard to make 15 more quick and easy meals.  We …