Monday, August 27, 2012

Book of Mormon Study - 3 Nephi 2

It's amazing how quickly they could forget the signs they just witnessed. The more they forgot, the less they were impressed by the signs, eventually talking themselves out of any faith they had in Christ. It seems almost unfathomable to us. That would never happen to us, but it could... it is.  I've heard it said we are all only two weeks away from inactivity.

This chapter really is a blue print for falling away.

It is easier to stray than to stay. But there is no eternal joy in straying.  If you ask me... it only brings sadness in the long run... even if you believed you were happy for awhile.

I've seen many people in my life that have left the church. Some have stayed away, hardening their hearts to the doctrine and forgotten, and eventually deny, the spiritual experiences they once had. I've also seen others come back to the church after periods of inactivity. They are really able to see the difference of a life in the darkness, and one in the light of the gospel.

As for me, I'll take their word for it. I don't ever want to forget the signs God has given me in my life. I hope my faith will never dim.  I know myself too well to say it would never dim.  I am a wimp.  :)

What did you think/learn today?

No comments:

Post a Comment