Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book of Morman Study - 3 Nephi 23

Verse 1: "Ye ought to search these things... a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah."


It's a commandment!  Not to browse but to look non-stop for what is in the scriptures.  Not only does he tell us to search in verse 1, but He commands us to search what the prophets have taught in verse 5.

This must be of the most importance! 

Why do we struggle to read our scriptures daily when it is clearly a commandment?  Why do we struggle to dive deep into scriptural knowledge when it is clear that the Savior values the scriptures and the words of the prophets?  Why?

"... for great are the words..." I wonder if the Savior could say that about my words. Not that I'm a prophetess,but just about my speech and the things I speak of. Am I speaking of things that are good and righteous? And I sharing the gospel and using my words to uplift others?

Verses 4-5: Again- it's so neat for me to see myself in the scriptures! I am one of those Gentiles that has received His words :)  Sweet!
Verse 6: They got busted! The didn't record all they were supposed. I keep a daily journal for this very same reason. It helps me to "keep" my days and remember all that I have been given and that I've done.

In addition, President Eyring gave a great talk once about the importance of writing down spiritual impression while studying.  It made a huge impact on my study.  I learned for myself that writing out the impression I receive, I not only show my gratitude for the lessons I learn from the spirit, I gain greater and greater understanding.

Besides, it's a commandment to write things down.

Even President Kimball counseled that we should all keep journals.

I'm not good at it.  But I'm a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment