Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book of Mormon Study - 3 Nehpi 26

This is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. I would love to sit at the feet of the Savior and listen as He teaches me the Plan of Salvation from the beginning to the end.  The Plan of Salvation is my favorite subject!  It is my favorite lesson to teach in seminary.  I takes me 3 days to lay it all out at the very least.  It is such an amazing Plan, a perfect Plan- from the organization of our intelligences to the final judgement and our celestial glory. It never ceases to amaze me how eternally comprehensive it is (and we only know/understand such a small portion of it!) and that it was created because Heavenly Father loves us.


The Plan, of course, could not have been successful unless Jesus volunteered to be the Savior. In doing so, He willingly set Himself apart from the others, stepping from His place as a God to have a human experience.  As the "Director" of the Plan, he step on stage to take on the most difficult role in the script, that of Savior of all mankind.  It wasn't even a "normal" human existence. He could have said nothing, and opted to have a life like ours, but He didn't. He sacrificed the opportunity to live like us. Not that our lives are so amazing- BUT, there are so many things He did not experience because He was the Savior. I have a feeling that He probably didn't feel cheated. He had ultimate eternal perspective.

We are to be like Him.

As disciples of Jesus Christ we are asked, in a way, to give up "normal" lives for a higher purpose. We give up sin, complaining, time, money, selfish desires- all to fulfill His purposes: to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life, and help those around us. In that respect, we are called 'Saviors on Mount Zion.' We do missionary work, temple work, family work, callings, home teaching, visiting teaching.

I also love this chapter because of the miracles: the children speaking, healing people, and his ascension. Oh, to have been there!

I may not have been able to sit at His feet on that day, but I have the opportunity to sit at the feet of those He has chosen to lead us in these latter-days.  I loved the talks of Women's Broadcast of Conference today. 

Messages that stood out to me:
-Even if I am an old, worn out $20 bill I am still worth $20.
-Covenants write the Savior on my heart.
-Am I checking on my heart? Am I teachable and humble?
-Come and He will give rest.
-Work to be prepared physically and spiritually to be able to serve other at the time of need.
-Observe and quickly act.
-No one is alone.
-He sorrows with me.  He doesn't just say it will be alright, He feels what we feel.
-He knows, understands and will carry me through hard days.
-Search scriptures... He will speak to us.
-Cherish one another.
-Teach each other.

I love sitting at the feet of the Lord's servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment