Friday, September 28, 2012

Book of Mormon Study - 3 Nephi 25

Short but sweet.

I love this chapter.

Things I learn from these words:

Do what I can to avoid burning and DO all that I can to arise.  The key it to follow the "Son of Righteousness".  I love that name for the Savior.  It says it all and it teaches what we need to do.

I also love the last verse... "turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to the fathers..."

This little verse has a lot to say...  we get somewhere in family units... parents must make their children and future generations a high priority in their lives... our families help to motivate us to do good... children must seek to obey and honor their parents and grandparents...  we must seek to bring all family member to Christ, past (work for the dead), current, and future (establishing gospel traditions in the home).

I have had a chance to talk with teenagers about the last days. I am often able to share with them some of the things they could expect, and some of the things that are expected from them.  It often brings them great peace, and even a sense of excitement about the Last Days. Especially the need for temple work, and the great things they can do for those who cannot do for themselves.

What did you learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment