Friday, October 19, 2012

Book of Mormon Study - Mormon 6

Nearly 230,000 Nephites died. I can't wrap my brain around that. It's mind-boggling!
It is no wonder his soul was rent with anguish! He felt devastated and powerless (vs 20).  He felt the sorrow of regret for them. "O that ye had repented before this great destruction had come upon you. But, behold, ye are gone, and the Father, yea the Eternal Father of heaven, knoweth your state; and he doeth with you according to his justice and mercy."

Heartbreaking.

I feel that way when I see the stupidity of people around me.  How can they fall to far?

For the Nephites, all of this could have been avoided if they hadn't fed that seed of pride years ago.  The same could be said of us today.

One of my favorite sayings is, "What you feed grows." And it's true. They fed the pride, until they were ripe in iniquity and hard in their hearts.

It's amazing how the opposite happens when you feed humility.

Damnation or Eternal life.

Sorrow or Joy.

It is completely up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment