Saturday, November 17, 2012

clean living report

Since McKay came home we decided to make one of her favorite in dinners... Dinner in a Pumpkin.  I am surprised how many people have never heard of this yummy mean.  I have no idea what measurements are because I've been making it so long that I no longer use a recipe.  First, I hollow out the pumpkin and roast it for 30 minutes.  That way I know the pumpkin part of the dinner will be done when everything else is done.  Then I cook some turkey sausage and mix it with rice, cream of chicken soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and a couple of veggies.  Then we stuff it into the pumpkin and bake it until the pumpkin is done.  I think it's very yummy.

We also made Taco soup.  Once again, this is a habitual dump and stir kind of recipe.  I never make it the same twice.  LOL.  I generally use turkey burger, corn, tomatoes, green beans, chili beans, roasted peppers and corn meal to thicken it up.  Oh... and of course, I use spices.  and again, I spice it by seeing what moves me when I open the cupboard.  LOL.

I also tried something a little new... Roast Roots and Penne.  I used Parsnips, Turnips, Carrots, Onions, a little olive oil and rosemary and roasted them in the oven.  Then I cooked rice penne, I added the veggies and a little pesto to the noodles.  It was very yummy.

I grew some yummy spaghetti squash in my garden.  It is so sweet!  I baked the squash and ate it with spaghetti sauce while the rest of the family ate pasta.  I think I like this way better than pasta anyway.

I also made Split Pea soup.  It is one of my favorites and McKay is the only person who will eat it with me.  It lasted for days.  LOL.  I used split peas, carrots, onions, parsnips, sweet potatoes and turkey bacon.  mmmm..  It hit the spot as the weather turned cold.

I liked the Penne thing so I made it again for lunch with a more Greek twist... olives, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, feta, and pesto.  It was very good.  I really loved it.

I had more root veggies so we roasted them.  This is a great fall dinner... especially with a little linked sausages.

We made personal pizzas again.  I love that I can have this with GF crusts and feta.  It's was fun to eat pizza.... but I have to admit I am still jealous of the stuffed creamy garlic chicken pizza the rest of the family ate.

We also ate baked Honey Salmon this week.  The only problem for this dish is the need to clean the pan afterward.  I hate that!  I don't think any of my pan are currently sparkling clean.  I just haven't been able to clean them all the way.  Dang it!

I love these Santa Fe burritos.  I found these great GF tortillas at the Market of Choice.  The inside is black beans, corn, onions, cilantro, chicken, garlic, green chilies, and salsa.  Love it!


I also enjoyed hummus and veggies this week.  I've really learned to love this food.  I still haven't gotten brave enough to make it from scratch, but maybe I will later.  My favorite flavor is roasted garlic.  My favorite thing to dip is green peppers and olives.

In honor of McKay we also made Golden Curry.  I use the mix from the store to make the sauce.  We eat it with potatoes, carrots, onions, and apple.  I forgot to take a pictures, so this picture is of beef curry.  However, we made it with chicken.  We eat it with rice.

I love that my honey will make me omelets.  He is the best at it.  He chops the veggies up real fine and cooks them first.  He is able to get the egg just right.  He rarely breaks the folds.  I don't know why I like his omelets best.  Maybe it's because I don't have to be the cook.  The only problem is that he makes a MESS and I always get to clean up after him.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment