Monday, January 21, 2013

Gospel Study - Protect the Children

As I read Elder Dallin H. Oaks' talk Protect the Children I couldn't help think of the sweet little eyes drinking  in the Primary Sharing Time lesson yesterday.  They were a little chatty, but their large brown or twinkling blue eyes  were fixed on the teacher.  These children have faith.

Then my thoughts turned to similar faces with hurt in their eyes that I've seen in the media, schools and in my community.  These eyes long for peace.  These eyes long for good nutrition... of stable family life... or understanding.

I think I can only make a difference in my own house... and I've got a ton of work to do there.  but I sometimes fail to see what I can do for other children.  The odds are increasingly mounting against us.

The truth is protection for children starts in families... families with a mom and a dad that love each other, are married and work towards common goals.  As the family continues to be attacked, the safety of children dwindles.

sigh.

What to do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment