Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gospel Study - Trial of Your Faith

Today I read Elder Neil L. Andersen's talk Trial of Your Faith.

I am impressed with this list of words regarding faith: treasure, work, pray, do, protect, defend.  Things in this world would be very different if we all practiced this list and applied it to our faith in Christ.  I guess that is what rials are for.  Trials help us to practice and strengthen faith... "fiery trials are designed to make you stronger."

Still doesn't make it easy of pleasant.  It's hard!  I can't think of one of my trials I'd sign up for.  Still... would I be where I am today without trials?  I don't think so.

I have found that Elder Andersen is right.  "You [need] to immerse yourself in the very things that helped you build your core of faith: you exercise, faith in Christ, you pray, you ponder the scriptures, you repent, you keep the commandments, and you serve others."

I'd like to hold onto the thought that " no trial is so large we Can't overcome..."

Sometimes it helps me to remember that I am a work in progress.  I am not perfect but I am giving it all an honest effort.  I often feel judged for what I believe.  Perhaps it would be best to remember the words of Moroni, "Condemn me not because of mine imperfection ..; but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfection, that ye may learn to be more wise that we have been."

I was impressed that Elder Andersen told us that he needed "... to turn to God for help almost daily over an extended period of years..."  If an apostle of the Lord needs to go daily I can guarantee that I NEED to go daily too!

No comments:

Post a Comment