Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gospel Study - An Unspeakable Gift from God


Today I read Elder Craig C.  Christensen’s talk, An Unspeakable Gift from God.

In this talk he told several stories that I enjoyed: taking his small son to the Bountiful Temple open house and President Monson talking to the woman in the hospital even though she was hiding under her sheet.

I believe that that sharpening my skill to receive personal revelation.  It may be the single most important skill I develop.

Elder Christensen taught, “We all have experiences with the Holy Ghost, even though we may not always recognize them.  As inspired thoughts come into our minds, we know them to be true by the spiritual feelings that enter into our hearts.”

I have noticed that when I act on the prompting the Spirit puts into my heart that things go better.  My life is blessed when I act on promptings.  I have felt the love my Father in Heaven has for me.  I get better at recognizing small promptings that really do make a difference: such as grab a certain something on my way out the door, only to later discover that I needed it and didn’t know it or stopping to see someone I haven’t talk to in a while to find that had recently prayed for a friend.

I like the blessings he listed that come from the Holy Ghost: “added capacity and spiritual gifts, increased revelation and protection, steady guidance and direction, and the promised blessing of sanctification and exaltation in the celestial kingdom.”

In reflection, I realized that, with the exception of exaltation which is a work in progress,  I have experienced all of these gifts in my own life.

Anyway, I still need to work on following the little promptings that come into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment