Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gospel Study - Welcome to Conference

I'm excited to begin October 2013 Conference!  So many things stuck out to me!  I borrowed a couple graphics from someone on line that I liked to remember some of the high lights.



























I'm excited to get into this Conference and to dig deep to find what it to be found there.  Today I read the first talk.... President Monson's BIG announcement.

"... effective immediately all worthy and able young men who have graduated from high school or its equivalent, regardless of where they live, will have the option of being recommended for missionary service beginning at the age of 18, instead of age 19."

I immediately thought of all my seminary students.  So many would be running to turn in papers.

I though of my son... sinking heart... who would not be running to turn in papers. (however, he did listen to the big announcement before going back to his obnoxious music).

As big as this announcement was, the next one was even bigger.  

"... able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19, instead of 21."

Wow!  This is exciting!

So many young ladies I know are ready to sign up.  I think it's exciting that they want to serve.

However, I find it alarming that they are not as excited to "sign up" to wives and mom.

If missionary serve is a Priesthood duty, wife and mother is a daughter of  God.

What have we done to our daughters?  Most young ladies I know seek careers... seek service outside the home.  Most fear serving in their homes.

I still believe that no mission or schooling or career should prolong a young ladies calling as a partner in a new family.

Now that is how to saves souls... righteous mothers in Zion.

Still... a million more missionaries is cool.   Wish I was contributing.  sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment