Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gospel Study - Atonement

Today I have been feeling under the weather.  I can't breathe.  Darn kids for sharing!

I read President Boyd K Packer's talk Atonement.  So inspiring.

We have been discussing the Atonement all week in Seminary.

"For it is expedient that an atonement should be made... or else all mankind must unavoidably perish."

"Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world.  As we fix our gaze on His teachings, we will be guided to the harbor of spiritual safety."

"Men cannot forgive their own sins; they cannot cleanse themselves from the consequences of their sins.  Men can stop sinning and can do right in the future, and so far as their acts are acceptable before the Lord become worthy of consideration."

"We do not know exactly how the Lord accomplished the Atonement   But we do know that the cruel torture of the Crucifixion was only part of the horrific pain which began in Gethsemane."

"Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more."

How could I possibly say it better?  I am so grateful for my Savior and for His atoning sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment