Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gospel Study - The First Great Commandment

I love this talk!  Elder Holland has a way of breaking down the scriptures into real life, bite sizes that are easier to consume and apply!

I have to admit, I truly identify with Peter.  My heart is often in a good place, but I'm not always to confident enough to follow through.  I often feel inadequate.  I often feel like "that is done... time to start over."

"I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs.  I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith."

He's not asking much.

A willing heart.

I can do that.

Loyalty.

I can do that.

There are "neighbors to  bless, children to protect, the poor to lift up, and the truth to defend.  I have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do... a life of devoted discipleship to give in demonstrating my love of the Lord."

I can do that.

Every little thing counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment