Monday, March 11, 2013

Gospel Study - Becoming a True Disciple

Ok.... I've been A-wall lately.  I just can't find time to breathe, let alone blog about any extra scripture study.   I've barely had enough time to study for my seminary lesson.  But day I don't have Legally blonde.  I don't have to leave the house for a show.  I don't have to leave the house to make Chad happy.

Thus, today I read Elder Daniel L. Johnson's talk Becoming a True Disciple.

This talk was a great reminder that discipleship is a way of life... not a title.  It's "a lifelong process".

Sometimes this is hard to remember.  I am a wimp.  I don't like hard things.  Yet I've got them... children issues... health issues... money issues... relationships with others issues.  I really am not good at this and sadly, I am not passing this test very well.

"Our discipleship will be developed and proven not by the type of trials that we are faced with but how we endure them."

It's all about "whether we will hearken to and obey God's commands in the midst of the storms of life."

"Discipleship is all about doing and becoming."

so there it is...I'm pretty sure I've got a C on this test...

No comments:

Post a Comment