Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gospel Study - Converted unto the Lord

Today I read my last talk of the last Conference, Elder David A. Bednar's talk, converted unto the Lord.  I believe this is the first time I have ever finished reading talks before the next Conference.  I know.  I am pathetic.

I think most of the people I know have a testimony that Jesus is the Christ... even some of my non-Mormon friends.  However, I think it is rare to know someone that it converted.

I know that I am a work in progress.

Testimony I have...

Conversion is a process...

Elder Bednar taught that "a testimony is personal knowledge of spiritual truth obtained by revelation... a gift from God... available to all... obtained by exercising the necessary particle of faith in Jesus Christ to experiment upon and try the virtue of the word... A testimony brings increased personal accountability and is a source of purpose, assurance, and joy... Testimony alone is not and will not be enough to protect us in the latter-day storm of darkness and evil in which we are living."

Don't I know it!

Elder Bednar used examples from the Book of Mormon to teach that we need both a testimony and conversion to make it.

Conversion is a permanent change in our very nature made possible through the Savior's Atonement.  conversion comes "as we honor the ordinances and covenants of salvation... press forward... and endure in faith."

It takes practice!

Conversion is an "offering of self, of love, and of loyalty we give to God in gratitude for the gift of testimony."

conversion is "knowing... earnestly coming... giving our whole souls...and requires all of our heart, all of our might, and all of our mind and strength."

Sometimes I have a hard time with that... whole self thing.

I guess the trick is to "know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel."

No comments:

Post a Comment