Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week at the Boyack's Week 42


This week is Spring Break.

We don’t really have anything planned.

Monday I mostly played catch up… catch up on laundry… catch up on sleep… catch up on a clean house… catch up on paperwork.  

Monday evening I went to the pentacle Theater office and presented – or rather fielded questions – my proposals for the 2014 season.  I think it went well.  Nothing is announced so I can’t say much.  What I can say is that I enjoy working with my Legally Blonde directing team.  Even if some of them are “blockheads.”  “Do you hear the people sing?”  I’m planning on 2014 being a very fun year.  :)

Tuesday I was hoping to take the kids to the zoo.  They sure do enjoy sleeping in!  I was beginning to wonder if we could see anything if we left that late in the day.  Eventually, Chad and Hannah got out of bed.  I stopped at the store for some lunch items and got Kimber before Chad his food ready.  I have no idea how he is going to survive the choir next week.  Anyway, I took my life into my own hands and put Chad behind the wheel.  He actually did really well.  He drove the freeways well.  We even had to drive up further up the freeway to get parking… that wasn't there.  Eventually we got a parking spot by the zoo.

We went in after renewing the membership.  The animals were all out because the weather was overcast.  It was fun!  Some of the best moments was when Kimber was getting ready to take a picture of the porcupines and they started mating.  Chad was just wondering about that too.  LOL.  Chad liked the lions and zebras, but he thought their exhibits would be far more interesting if the zebras and lions were together.  LOL.  He does have a point.  The lions were cool.  They were sitting up on their rock like Pride Rock.  Case had a great time following Hannah and Chad around.  Every time we’d meet up again he’d announce, “Guys!  It’s us!”











The drive home was great until we got to Salem.  Chad wanted me to get him new exercise bands because his broke.  He got off the freeway at Market Street.  He needed to get over to the right.  But a red car sped up and cut him off.  He got a little frustrated.  We had to go north on Lancaster and find a way to turn around to head south to Sports Authority.  Salem can be hard to drive in.  It’s a little worrisome because Chad will need to drive those streets to go to class in May.

Oh well… at least we all arrived to our destination safe.

 In other news, I started Body by Vi because Carol asked me too.  She sent me a box of stuff.  The first day wasn't bad.  The second day was a little harder.  Maybe it was walking all those hills at the zoo.  I did try a new idea for dinner.  I grilled a turkey burger and a slab of mango and some pineapple spears.  I stacked it all up with tomato slices and some lettuce.  It was yummy!  That will have to be a summer repeat!  Too bad no one is around to eat with me.  Chad won’t eat what the rest of the family eats.  John never came home and when he did he didn't want to eat my food because he wants to go to bed soon.  Hannah went to YW and Lilli went to the Dance Studio.  Seriously!  I don’t know why I bother.

Tuesday Lilli went to the Dance Studio’s slumber party… well, almost over.

Wednesday was a lazy day.  my tummy isn't doing well.  Lots of pain and things just don’t stay there long.  So… I cleaned my room… got Lilli to clean her room… Hannah to clean the bathroom and living room… and tried to lay low.  Lilli tried to get a friend to play.  Sadly, all of the people she called didn't answer the phone or already had plans.  Sad that Lilli’s friends have mothers that are a whole lot more fun than Lilli’s mom.  LOL.

Thursday we all spent catching up on stuff... sleep, laundry, spring cleaning...

Friday we all helped with Chad's Eagle Project.  John even took 1/2 of the day off.  A policeman came down to see what we were doing.  Chad handled it well.  He explained that we were working on his Eagle Project and that we were making running trails.  The policeman was impressed.









Chad got more of his friends from school to help on the project.  A few boys from church came too.  Even a couple of the adult leaders and the missionaries came to help.

My good friend Amanda was nice enough to donate pizza, cookies and drinks to the cause.  

Friday night we were all out at the theater for Legally Blonde.  Lilli sat up by the spot lights.  John and Chad watched the show for the first time.  Kimber even came with her friend to watch the show.l  They liked it!  That's good.  I wouldn't want all my hard work for the past couple of months to look bad.  They were very impressed with my three students that were in the show too.

Saturday morning I got up and John said, let's clean our room.  I had bought a new-to-me desk at Amanda's moving sale and he wanted it out of the garage because his chickens need to move to the garage soon. I can tell you, the room didn't look clean for most of the day.  I was worried that I wouldn't have somewhere to sleep when I got home very late from the final night of Legally Blonde.

But it looks pretty good.  I will post pictures when I get a completely finished look.  I'm still looking for a cheap way to make shelves on this desk and to organised myself.

I said good bye to Legally Blonde on Saturday night.  All week I had worked backstage.  I was grateful that I was able to sit in my assigned director's chair and watch the last show.  I don't usually get teary at the end of a show... but this show made my buttons bust.  Watching the show was like watching one of my own children succeed.  It was so satisfying to watch my blocking work... the fine tuning of acting purr... my vocal students power through difficult passages with skill.  I am so proud of this show.  I really don't get much credit for how things turned out.  I'm ok with that.  I know what work I did.  I know what scenes I blocked. I know how I contributed.  That's enough.  Besides, I kind of like the fact that I can sit on the deck or walk out into the lobby and no one knows who I am.  I learn a ton from what I over hear.  :)

Sunday we celebrated Easter AND John's birthday.  This is the first year I didn't do an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.  A couple of reasons played into this sad fact.  First, well, we are all very busy.  Second, I was going to do an Egg Hunt for Ben on Friday because Kimber and Ray were going to the beach with the Jessops, but Yvonne decided to take Ben with her early.  I didn't do it on Saturday, since Ben would be gone and there wasn't someone to hunt with her.  I don't do anything like that on Sunday's anyway.  Kimber, Ray and Ben spent that day with Yvonne too.  Sigh.  It works out anyway.  Chad yells at us all if we even look at candy, cookies, or cakes.  We had to hide the fact that I bought a chocolate bunny for Lilli and we all hid to eat some M&Ms.

I know.  We are pathetic.

John, Hannah and I did go to the Stake Easter Concert... that counts for something.  Right?




No comments:

Post a Comment