The common thread that was most meaningful to me throughout this chapter are the promises made to us in the latter days (nearly at the end of the world- v22!)
These promises were very important, so important that the angel explained them, then he made sure Nephi remembered them (v 8) and asked him to write them down so that we might know them too.
- The Lamb of God shall MANIFEST himself unto us in word, in power, and in deed. (1) He has! The restoration has happened!
- He will take away our stumbling blocks (1). By giving us the restored gospel we now have all we need to return to Him. Most importantly, we can repent and He will make things right.
- We shall be numbered among the house if Israel (2). We will be HIS!
- We will be a blessed people forever (2).
- We shall be no more brought down to captivity, nor will the house of Israel be confounded (2). We will understand the scriptures and the prophets. We will not be confused!
- We will not perish (5). We will prosper!
- He will work a marvelous work among the children of men (7). We are part of that marvelous work! When we share the gospel with the people we meet we are a part of moving this work forward. We are a part of making miracles.
- Though we will be few in number (v 12) the power of the Lamb of God will descend upon us, the Saints of His church (14).
- We will be armed with righteousness (14). That means we will be prepared!
- We will be armed with the power of God in great glory (14). There will be no need to fear.
- Peace and life eternal
- captivity and destruction
- To hearken unto the Lamb of God (1)
- Not harden our hearts (2,6)
- Repent (5)