Friday, March 28, 2014

A Salad a Day: Take 2 Day 10, 11, and 12

To tell the truth.... time kept getting away from me so I ended up eating bag salad with dressing on Wednesday and coleslaw on Thursday... the kind where I got a bag of coleslaw mix at the store and a jar of coleslaw dressing.  I know.  In a way it is cheating.  But at least I still had salad in a day.  Today I have already started making my salad of the day to ensure I don't have to take the cheating way out.  LOL.

Today's salad is:

Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro


Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into large pieces
2 medium avocados, diced
1 T + 1 T fresh squeezed lime juice
salt, to taste (I didn’t use too much salt because you can always add more at the table.)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (or chop it more coarsely if you prefer)
2 T mayo or light mayo
Tasty!

1 comment: