Sunday we made tow salads.... count them... TWO!
The first salad was Chicken Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- about 1 pint of halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium field cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded, and diced to about 1/2-inch
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, basil and feta cheese. Toss to mix.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar or honey, pepper and salt in small bowl. Taste dressing and adjust seasonings if necessary. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss, taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately, or allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes for the cucumbers to soften and the flavors to blend.