Tuesday, May 27, 2014
A Salad a Day: Take Two
Holy Cow! This was a good salad. Yesterday I just ate leftover salad. Today I tried something new and it was worth it! I found this TASTY recipe on Pintrest. Boy! What did we ever do without Pinterest?
BLT CHICKEN SALAD
Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes are naturals with oven fried chicken, feta cheese and a peppery ranch dressing.
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
2. Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk with the egg in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each one in the egg mixture, allow excess to drip off then dredge in the bread crumbs patting on with your hands if needed. Place in the pan.
3. Bake 15 - 30 minutes depending on their size until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 164 to 175 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile make the dressing: Whisk 1/2 cup buttermilk, mayonnaise, dill, chives, vinegar, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together.
5. Once the chicken is cooked allow it to sit 5 minutes then thinly slice it on an angle.
6. Divide the lettuce between 4 plates, top with 1/2 cup tomatoes each and the chicken. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with the bacon, cheese and red onion.