Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Catch up... June

 I got behind in reporting the family activities on my blog.  I kind of got a sour taste in my mouth for my blog in May and I am finally overcoming that.  After all, my kids are moving on with their lives.  Although we Skype every Sunday, I feel the kids are drifting further and further apart.  My fear is that they are already like many families that become distant as the siblings spread out and move forward.  Oh well, the truth is, my little blog will not keep them close.  I blew that a long time a ago.  Some how I missed the boat when attempting to teach my kids to make their best friends their siblings.

 So, the best I can do is to report life as I see it and hope that it will spark the interest of my kids enough that they will call each other more often or speak to each other more kindly or find time to do things with each other.

The big event (and the only event I took pictures of) was the BIG week of sandcastles.  John camped the whole week with the kids.  I went out 1/2 way through the week to get Hannah for her CET meeting and only stayed a couple of nights.  Talk about a win/win!

 (this picture is of the "little people" plot - Kimber, Ben, Hannah, Lilli, Case, and some Jessop cousins were on this team).  I sponsored a plot that Ben could dig in.  He loved helping on on the practice castles all week.  However, when it came to the competition, he only wanted to sit in his stroller.  sometime he can be a funny kid.  This little group won "best sandcastle" in their division.  Pretty cool since we have so many ready for training.
 Chad, McKay and Myles were on the Jessop Pro Team.  It was quite the site watching a pregnant McKay walking around the castle plot. It really is an amazing thing to watch.  The Pro Team won 3rd this year and also won Best Sandcastle.  It was a good year.























No comments:

Post a Comment