Skip to main content

Catch up - August

 OK... It's September and although I had good intentions of catching up with what goes on around here through a weekly blog post, I've been more successful in a weakly blog post.  LOL... Or no blog at all.  What can I say?  It's summer.  we are busy.  I'm lazy.  There is so much to do.  So little time.  OK. The real reason is I just am not making the time to take a picture nor to write anything down. So let's see what we did in August.

Well... we went to the park...

.... we had Chad's birthday...

... we played with Ben and Kimber tons...

... We made plans for school and seminary...

... we crocheted...

... the garden grew and grew and we became the crazy stalker people that chase you and make you take zucchini...

 ... we hosted a baby shower for Kimber and Freya...

... we played some more...

... we did tons of laundry and more dishes than 3 kids at home should generate...

... we sang a few songs...
... we helped Kimber, Ben and Ray get ready for Freya to come...
... Chad went a concert with Jon and Jon's friend... 

... They had fun... and Chad got a job as a "night stalker" at Wal-Mart...

... we worked on our style... still needs work!... but what can we do?

... we went on a hike with dad...

... still working on our style...

... Hannah went to visit McKay, Myles and Lenayah and helped them move to Logan, Utah...

... and helped them finish of this HUGE plate of ice cream....

... but only took these pictures to prove we were gone for 13 days...

... Lilli went Cheer Camp at Central...

... Mom rehearsed for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown...

.... and rehearsed...

... and rehearsed...

... and finally opened the show...

... Lilli is a spot light operator for the show and Hannah helps out when she feels like it or is in town...

... Kimber and John have seen the show and seem to like it...

... I love the show and think the cast is perfect... but sure wish more people come to the show...

... and on the last day of the month... Kimber brought Freya into the world.

She is a ROCK STAR.  She did the whole thing all natural.
See, I was at the matinee for my show.  When I left church to unlock the theater I knew she was having contractions.  I told her to keep me posted.  She would update me with text.  I let my cast know that I would be watching the show from the light booth in case I need to run home for the baby.  Sure enough, Kimber text me and said it was time to come home 15 minutes into the show.  When I got home, we got Kimber into my bathtub.  We knew from Ben's birth that she labored well in the tub.  Every so often she would call out that she was having a contraction.  I would write it down.  We didn't want her to get too excited and stressed.  In about an hour We got her out of the tub and she lay down on my bed in my robe and watched some of her favorite TV shows.  The contractions were now about 3 minutes apart and lasting close to a minute.  I slipped out into the family room and told Ray it may be time to do something.  3 more contractions and I knew it was time to go.  Kimber was a little worried they would send her home.  No way!  She had 4 more on the way out the door and 10 more before we got to the hospital.  I dropped Kimber and Ray off at the door and parked while they got in the elevator and went to register.  I came in and we helped Kimber to a labor room and into hospital wear and into the bed.  Meanwhile those contractions kept coming faster and harder.  They checked her and she was definitely not going home... a solid 7-8.  The mid-wife was at least 10 minutes away.  They started to admit her but never finished.  Things were moving too fast.  They mid-wife came in and and got everything ready for having a baby.... a few more contractions and Kimber was to a 9.  The mid-wife broke her water and it was pretty much over.  3 pushes and out came a baby.  We were in that room for only an HOUR.  No tearing... no drugs... BAM!  The nurses were so impressed!  So was I.  Kimber got to hold Freya for an hour before anyone whisk her away.  When they finally weighed her she was 8 pounds 7 ounces an 21 inches long.  She is a god sized baby, very good natured, and already interested in nursing.










Then everyone came to see her.... an AWESOME day but a LONG day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Mormon Study... Title page and testimony of the witnesses

According to the Prophet Joseph Smith, “the title-page of the Book of Mormon is a literal translation, taken from the very last leaf, on the left hand side of the collection or book of plates, which contained the record which has been translated, the language of the whole running the same as all Hebrew writing in general; and that said title page is not by any means a modern composition, either of mine or of any other man who has lived or does live in this generation” (History of the Church, 1:71).


That means it’s scripture too! That is why today I start my Book of Mormon study with the title page.

I am part of the House of Israel. My children and their children are a part of the House of Israel. This Book is written for me and for them.

I love that the Title page declares that this book is a “gift”… now this book I am marking will become a “gift” for my grandson. How cool is that? I feel like Nephi, writing my testimony of Jesus Christ and of the gospel plan as I study God’s word so …

An Open Letter to Those Who Hate The School Dress Code

I have noticed a ton of resistance to dress codes in schools.  I have something to say... get over it.  
A dress code is not about body shaming.  It is not about control.  It's not about taking away individuality. The dress code is not about making social divisions.  It is not about taking away individual rights.
A dress code is about keeping a professional environment where real work happens.  Contrary to popular belief, woman don't get to wear whatever they want when ever they want in "the real world." Every profession has some kind of dress code.  Nurses, doctors, real estate brokers, vets, and even McDonald's workers have a dress code.  Even farmers and day labors wear clothing appropriate to the work they do.  School is a professional environment where the student's "job" is to be the student - to learn - and the teachers' job is to open the possibilities in young minds and to create an environment where people - all people - can learn.  Th…

Once-a-Slightly Over Month Cooking

Today may be the last day of the year, but it was the first day of the month around the Boyack house.  Today was Once-a-Month-Cooking day.  The funny thing is that it usually ends up lasting longer than a month.  Our last big cooking day lasted from September to now.  The thing is, I don't always pull from the freezer.  Weekend we cook from scratch.  However, with my voice lessons in late afternoons and sometimes play practice or performance I am too tired to think about dinner.  Making dinner ahead saved me so much money from September to Christmas that I was able to pay for half of Christmas from the savings from the food budget.  Plus, we had much healthier meals!

After collecting which recipes we wanted to make, and making a shopping list, John headed to the store around noon.  We started the cooking and assembly around 1:00 and ended all the cooking by 7:00.  In that time we made 35 dinners.  We have the fix-in's in the cupboard to make 15 more quick and easy meals.  We …